Saturday, July 5, 2008

Borderline Obsessed.

In the past several months my fascination with David Byrne, former Talking Head, has grown immensely. Upon seeing his name on the Aclfest lineup a few months back, I immediately purchased my ticket. Disregarding of the major headliners, or lack of, I specifically bought the ticket just because he was going to be there. I'm not saying or insinuating that I'm going to stalk him or anything crazy like that, I just truly appreciate all the artistic expression he's contributed to the world.
I've been listening to his 1981 collaboration album with Brian Eno, titled My Life in the Bush of Ghosts.
Regiment - Brian Eno/David Byrne
I can only describe it as an instrumental ambient pop-rock third world sampling of the ages... This album was definately ahead of its time, and I'm looking forward to Byrne and Eno's upcoming collaboration and tour.
In consistancy with the temporary infatuation, I also checked out Stop Making Sense, a highly acclaimed concert movie featuring the Talking Heads. Shot in 1983 during the Speaking in Tongues tour, the film was notable for its state of the art audio techniques.


In further, True Stories and Ile Aiye: The House of Life are both monumetal in Byrne's directing career and are must-sees.